Week two–done! Time for my report.
As a reminder, here are my goals for the eight-week challenge:
- eat more nutritious food with fewer empty calories,
- spend one day a week reading the backlog of magazines sitting on the end table, and
- write at least 500 words per day for at least five days each week.
What I learned during week two of my eight-week challenge:
- Body Mass Index: So long as I continue eating a plant-based diet, I not only meet this goal, but I also feel good all day long.
- If I don’t get up early enough to get in a good 30-minute walk before I do anything else, I’m not going to meet my daily goal of walking at least 10,000. Or even my half goal of walking 5,000 steps.
- I changed the way of representing the status of my goal to get rid of my magazine backlog to report on whether I have read at least 5 magazines a week, the rate at which I need to read them to clear up the backlog. Green means I’m on track. But I know I will have to work very hard to keep it up.
- Writing at least 500 words a day is easy–when I’m not on grandparent duty. But quantity doesn’t equal quality. I am going to have to work on that.